The final steps in the FedEx Web Services certification process is to take your account into production and completing the highly detailed ‘Label Evaluation'. These labels are evaluated for compliancy against FedEx regulatory standards to ensure no delivery service interruptions occur once your packages enter the FedEx operational network.
Move Your FedEx Account to Production
- Visit FedEx Web Services website
- Under The Right Path, click on Move to Production
- Log in to your FedEx account if necessary
- Click Get Your Production Key
- Fill in the next page with the following information
- Agree to Fedex Terms & Conditions and fill in the required account information
- Update your account on City Hive with the production information and uncheck test mode
Send for Approval
- Complete the Label Cover Sheet attached (located at the bottom of this page)
- Click Load Test Shipping Labels from your City Hive merchant portal to generate the sample labels
- Print the labels using your label printer
- Scan the labels using your printer as a PDF at 600 DPI. In order to keep the file size manageable, please do not use a higher resolution
- Email the PDFs of the labels and Label Cover Sheet to: email@example.com
What Happens Next
- The Bar Code Analysis Group will provide results via email within three business days of receipt.
- If the labels are compliant with specifications, the customer can begin shipping.
- If the labels are non-compliant, the Bar Code Analysis Group's email will list the issues with recommendations for resolving them. Consult your FedEx technical rep for a resolution and then re-submit your corrected labels along with the Label Cover Sheet.
- Email the Bar Code Analysis Group if you need assistance.
- Note: If the scanned labels are without visible defects (such as lines going through the barcode, spots in the ink, or physical damage), then they may pass inspection and approval will be granted. However, if there are defects, physical copies will be requested.
Pay particular attention to print quality and accidental enlargement/shrinkage of labels (i.e. scaling). These are the top two reasons why labels do not pass the label evaluation process.
Failure to include this cover sheet and failure to populate for all fields on the cover sheet, will significantly delay your evaluation timeline.
You may also contact the FedEx Web Integration Solutions help desk via email for help: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 1-877-339-2774 (Voice Keyword: Web Services).